Antarctica is seen by many as the ‘Last Frontier’ for skiing and snowboarding due to its remote location and difficulty of access. An expedition to the Antarctic is an exotic, life changing experience very few people have the opportunity to experience.
We explore the Antarctica Peninsula from the comfortable 100m Sea Adventurer ship. She’s a fully reconditioned polar explorer with comfortable cabins and excellent food. This is the most affordable way to explore and experience Antarctica for 2 weeks with a group of like minded skiers and snowboarders and there’s various options of cabin comfort available. Quickly cross the formidable Drake Passage and then spend several days exploring the amazing Peninsula’s snow covered slopes, wildlife and ambiance. Ponder the complexity of the fragile and dynamic ecosystem of the Antarctic Peninsula while enjoying daily ski tours, lectures and wildlife excursions. Actively explore this frontier’s skiing possibilities with your family or friends, ski, snowboard or just explore the wildlife. Suitable for kite skiers and boarders also!
Check out a short video a client made:
(+) click on image to view larger image and start slideshow
2020 PRICING DETAILS
- Lower Deck: US$11,495 per guest, plus $1,500 Ski Tour Option
- Main Deck Porthole: US$12,995 per guest, plus $1,500 Ski Tour Option
- Main Deck Window: US$14,495 per guest (Photo below), plus $1,500 Ski Tour Option
- Main Deck Single: US$21,995, plus $1,500 Ski Tour Option
- Superior Cabin: US$16,995 per guest, plus $1,500 Ski Tour Option
- Deluxe Cabins: US$17,995 per guest, plus $1,500 Ski Tour Option
- Suite Cabin: US$19,995 per guest, plus $1,500 Ski Tour Option
- Suite Cabin – Owner’s: US$21,995 per guest, plus $1,500 Ski Tour Option
- airfare not included, all pricing per person
- 50% deposit is required upon booking to reserve your place
- The final balance is payable 95 days prior to your departure
- You may place your deposit with Visa or MasterCard credit card
- Final Payment must be paid by Check, Wire, or Cash
- You can also mail a check with your trip application or submit a wire transfer to place your deposit
- Berths will be reserved on a first-come, first served basis depending on when we receive your completed Registration application and Terms and Conditions of Sale.
- LOWER DECK BERTHS USUALLY SELL OUT
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- 1 night pre-expedition shared hotel accommodation in Ushuaia, Argentina. This room includes a continental breakfast.
- Guides travel and wages.
- Includes backcountry skiing fee.
- Group dinner in Ushuaia.
- Group transfers from the hotel to the ship on embarkation and from the ship to the airport on disembarkation and all miscellaneous service taxes and port charges.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on board the Clipper Adventurer.
- Shore landings and Zodiac excursions as permitted by weather and local conditions.
- Presentations by our Expedition Team and guest speakers.
- Expedition certificate.
- Photographic DVD chronicling the voyage.
- Comprehensive pre-departure information package
- Use of a pair of rubber expedition boots on loan for shore landings. These will be returned at the end of the voyage.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Airfares to or from your home city, whether on scheduled or charter flights
- Passport and visa expenses. Tourist entry fees may apply depending on your nationality
- Any government arrival and departure airport taxes
- Ski or trekking equipment
- Baggage, cancellation and travel insurance (emergency medical and evacuation insurance is mandatory. Ice Axe can help you to arrange this insurance if you need assistance)
- Excess baggage charges
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges onboard the ship or at the hotel
- Telecommunications charges or the customary gratuity at the end of the voyage for stewards, guides, and other service personnel
- Gratuity for guides and hospitality staff