Antarctica is seen by many as the ‘Last Frontier’ for skiing and snowboarding due to its remote location and difficulty of access. An expedition to the Antarctic is an exotic, life changing experience very few people have the opportunity to experience.
In November 2021 we will explore the Antarctica Peninsula from the comfortable 100m Sea Adventurer ship. She’s a fully reconditioned polar explorer with comfortable cabins and excellent food. This is the most affordable way to explore and experience Antarctica for 2 weeks with a group of like minded skiers and snowboarders and there’s various options of cabin comfort available. Quickly cross the formidable Drake Passage and then spend several days exploring the amazing Peninsula’s snow covered slopes, wildlife and ambiance. Ponder the complexity of the fragile and dynamic ecosystem of the Antarctic Peninsula while enjoying daily ski tours, lectures and wildlife excursions. Actively explore this frontier’s skiing possibilities with your family or friends, ski, snowboard or just explore the wildlife. Suitable for kite skiers and boarders also!
Check out a short video a client made:
(+) click on image to view larger image and start slideshow
2021 PRICING DETAILS
- Lower Deck: US$11,495 per guest, plus $1,500 Ski Tour Option
- Main Deck Porthole: US$12,995 per guest, plus $1,500 Ski Tour Option
- Main Deck Window: US$14,495 per guest (Photo below), plus $1,500 Ski Tour Option
- Main Deck Single: US$21,995, plus $1,500 Ski Tour Option
- Superior Cabin: US$16,995 per guest, plus $1,500 Ski Tour Option
- Deluxe Cabins: US$17,995 per guest, plus $1,500 Ski Tour Option
- Suite Cabin: US$19,995 per guest, plus $1,500 Ski Tour Option
- Suite Cabin – Owner’s: US$21,995 per guest, plus $1,500 Ski Tour Option
NOTE: Book before August 30, 2020 and receive the above prices. After that the cost for the Lower Deck berth will be US$12,599 per guest plus US$2,000 ski tour option. All berths will rise similarly.
- airfare not included, all pricing per person
- 50% deposit is required upon booking to reserve your place
- The final balance is payable 95 days prior to your departure
- You may place your deposit with Visa or MasterCard credit card
- Final Payment must be paid by Check, Wire, or Cash
- You can also mail a check with your trip application or submit a wire transfer to place your deposit
- Berths will be reserved on a first-come, first served basis depending on when we receive your completed Registration application and Terms and Conditions of Sale.
- LOWER DECK BERTHS USUALLY SELL OUT
Day 1: Arrive in Ushuaia, Argentina. Orientation with ski guide or trekking guide. Overnight in Ushuaia.
Day 2: Board the Ocean Adventurer and set sail down the Beagle Channel.
Day 3-4: Cross the Drake Passage. Sperm and fin whales, along with skies of seabirds will accompany our journey.
Day 5: Ski, kayak and trekking objectives at Neko Harbour. Zodiac cruises, penguin rookeries.
Day 6: Ski, kayak and trekking objectives at Anvers and Wenke Islands. Port Lockroy scientific base and museum. Visit gentoo and adelie penguin habitat.
Day 7: Ronge/Island/Mt. Britannia. Visit penguin rookery at Georges Point. Ski, kayak and trekking options.
Day 8: Ski, kayak and trekking objectives in Paradise Bay. Zodiac excursions. Visit penguin rookery and Almirante Brown Station.
Day 9: Lemaire Channel/ Mt. Scott/ Mt. Demaria/Mt. Mill ski descents. Ski, kayak, and trekking options. Visit the Ukrainian Vernadsky scientific station. Killer whale and leopard seal sightings.
Day 10: Ski descents, kayaking, trekking and nature cruises of Charlotte Bay; begin journey north in the evening.
Day 11-12: Sail Drake Passage; pass the dramatic cliffs of Cape Horn.
Day 13: Disembark the Sea Adventurer in Ushuaia, Argentina.
*Flexibility is necessary for all Antarctic travel. This program is subject to change throughout the journey depending on ice, weather and local conditions.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- 1 night pre-expedition shared hotel accommodation in Ushuaia, Argentina. This room includes a continental breakfast.
- Guides travel and wages.
- Includes backcountry skiing fee.
- Group dinner in Ushuaia.
- Group transfers from the hotel to the ship on embarkation and from the ship to the airport on disembarkation and all miscellaneous service taxes and port charges.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on board the Clipper Adventurer.
- Shore landings and Zodiac excursions as permitted by weather and local conditions.
- Presentations by our Expedition Team and guest speakers.
- Expedition certificate.
- Photographic DVD chronicling the voyage.
- Comprehensive pre-departure information package
- Use of a pair of rubber expedition boots on loan for shore landings. These will be returned at the end of the voyage.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Airfares to or from your home city, whether on scheduled or charter flights
- Passport and visa expenses. Tourist entry fees may apply depending on your nationality
- Any government arrival and departure airport taxes
- Ski or trekking equipment
- Baggage, cancellation and travel insurance (emergency medical and evacuation insurance is mandatory. Ice Axe can help you to arrange this insurance if you need assistance)
- Excess baggage charges
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges onboard the ship or at the hotel
- Telecommunications charges or the customary gratuity at the end of the voyage for stewards, guides, and other service personnel
- Gratuity for guides and hospitality staff