I am a senior lead guide for Harris Mountains Heli-ski, NZ’s largest heli-skiing company with by far the best terrain, and can organise you 7 day packages including heli-skiing, hotels and transfers.
Accommodation is at the four star Edgewater Hotel, Wanaka. You arrive on Sunday and leave the following Saturday, or extend your stay as you wish. This optimises your chances of good weather and great skiing. You have three days pre-paid heli-skiing of 21 runs and additional days are available if the weather is good and you wish to ski more. Unused days due to weather are refunded in full. Alternative options include visiting the local ski areas, wine tours, many adventure activities or just shopping and cafe perusing.
(+) click on image to view larger image and start slideshow
TYPICAL & DAY ITINERARY
- Day 1: Arrive at Queenstown airport, transfer to Wanaka (1hr), check in, hire skis if needed and relax or explore the boutique shops of Wanaka. Meet Mark and brief on the week’s weather forecast, current avalanche conditions and heli-ski plan
- Day 2-6: Picked up at 9:15am by heli-ski van and taken to staging area 30 minutes drive away (or you can self drive), safety briefing, lift off to heli-ski 7 runs for the day with a break for a buffet lunch in the snow. Return to Lodge about 4pm
- Bad weather days or non-heli-ski days. Relax with massage at the lodge then explore the shops and cafes in Wanaka. Or drive to Treble Cone Ski Resort for the day. Great skiing on the best ski resort in NZ
- Day 7: Transfer to airport to travel home
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- 3 days heli (7 runs a day) each
- Lunches on Heli days
- 6 nights accommodation (One Bedroom Suite)
- Qtn/Wnk/Qtn transfers
- Carbon Offsetting payment
- Extra Heli days at $1300 each for 7 runs
- Guide for Treble Cone days
- Heli airport transfers
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Meals (except lunches on heli days)
- Drinks and alcohol
ABOUT EDGEWATER HOTEL
About the Edgewater Hotel
Set right on the shores of Lake Wanaka is the Edgewater Hotel just minutes from the heart of Wanaka township. With lawns stretching right to the water’s edge of Lake Wanaka, Edgewater is a welcoming retreat.
Their suites feature a master bedroom with a separated living and dining area, along with laundry facilities, while the two bedroom apartments offers additional bedroom with en-suited bathroom. Edgewater Hotel also offers a comprehensive selection of onsite recreational facilities such as tennis courts, mountain bikes, spa and sauna. All accommodation rooms provide spectacular views of the surrounding lawns, gardens, Lake Wanaka and beyond, to the magnificent Southern Alps.